This week, some bookstores I discovered to add to my list of bookstores I want to visit:
The town of Hay-on-Wye is a small town (population 1500), but it has 30!!! secondhand bookshops. It also has an annual festival in May known as the “Woodstock of the mind.” Might have to get over there soon!
The store that started me on this discovery of Hay-on-Wye is Murder & Mayhem, a mystery bookstore.
Another bookstore in the UK, where I hope to visit next fall, is Golden Hare, in Edinburgh. The city has many bookshops, as noted in this article on Travel the Bookshop Trail from travelbetweenthepages.com. The article contains a “Bookshop Trail” app which helps viewers get from bookstore to bookstore in this wonderful city.
Also this week:
- Hay-on-Wye v Amazon: Politicians join fight to stop closure of bookshops in historic town (independent.co.uk)
- Amazing Bookstores From Around the World (thebewildered20somethingwriter.wordpress.com)
- Bookstores Worth Visiting Around the Americas (thepoeticsproject.com)
- The Last Bookstore Los Angeles (bearbooks.se)
- l (travelbetweenthepages.com)
If you enjoyed this article and want to learn about more amazing women, Join the Women Adventurers Club and receive a Timeline of Women Adventurers, updates when I publish new articles, and information about upcoming events and giveaways.